Business Development Director
We’re pleased to announce the opening of a key role for a Business Development Director to join our fast-growing company.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for representing Atomhawk’s UK and Canada studios globally. The role presents an exciting and challenging opportunity to help shape the future of our award-winning art and design team and our international client base, which currently includes leading entertainment companies such as Warner Bros, Sony, Lego and Microsoft.
We’re looking for a self-starting, driven business development leader to oversee growth of Atomhawk’s global sales and services, with an immediate focus on North America. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a Business Development Professional with games/film industry knowledge and experience of selling creative services.
Reporting to and working closely with the Studio directors, Head of Marketing and Managing Director, this role requires extensive entertainment industry relationships and exceptional communication and organisational skills.
Working as part of the Senior Management team, the Business Development Director will play a leading part in identifying new business opportunities within the global market, developing a sales strategy and building the relationships required with new clients.
The job is full time and would require the successful candidate to be able to work in Vancouver, BC, Canada without any additional sponsorship visas. Travel between the US and Canada is essential, with regular trips to Europe as well.
- Managing client relationships, including identifying new business opportunities and building new customer relationships
- Working with the Senior Management Team to shape and deliver strategy for the company
- Liaising with clients to understand their needs
- Working with producers to write and deliver quotes and proposals
- Interpreting project management and financial data, forecasting sales
- Fielding initial cold call approaches, qualifying at a high level and passing onto production team
- Tracking leads & opportunities, facilitating client conference calls and meetings
- Maintaining our CRM system and producing sales reports on opportunities and the competition
- Providing support to company presentations, pitch documents and client pitches
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of games and/or film industry experience
- Ability to understand business needs and produce sales projections and strategy plans
- Ability to research, write and confidently present pitches
- Previous experience in an account management/commercial role within the entertainment industry
- Articulate and well presented with a professional manner
- Highly organised with a pro-active work ethic
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Basic financial training and experience with financial planning, P&L, projections
- Practical knowledge of service-based business models and challenges associated with this setup
- Good knowledge of the entertainment/creative industry
- A basic understanding of creative process
- Happy to travel!
Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in managerial roles, ideally in a creative agency or game developer
- A proven track-record of successfully working with AAA clients
Hierarchy and reporting lines:
Reports to Managing Director (UK), works alongside Head of Operations and Studio Directors and Production Team (multisite)
In addition to the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment full of exciting new challenges, we believe the Atomhawk culture is our biggest benefit.
We do offer a range of more traditional perks including pension, a generous holiday allowance and extended healthcare, but we place a large focus on creating benefits within our working environment. Also all our employees get a UK style holiday allowance which is 21 days building to 25 with each year at the company.
We place a huge priority on the learning & development of our team. We have some of the best artists and producers in the world and have created a structured peer learning programme which includes group Learning and 1-2-1 internal training. This is in addition to external training and development which includes attendance at top international industry events.
We’re a notoriously social bunch and partake in everything from gaming and LEGO challenges over lunch, grabbing a bite to eat from the street food stalls that visit our office, epic away days and parties.
The role would require the successful candidate to be based either in Vancouver or Gateshead UK.