Motion Graphics & VFX Artist
ATOMHAWK ARE LOOKING FOR AN MOTION GRAPHICS & VFX ARTIST TO JOIN OUR UK TEAM. THINK YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES? READ ON!
We're looking for an experienced staff member that consistently delivers high quality work that exceeds client expectations. The successful candidate will be able to work quickly and consistently be able to deliver innovative/high quality ideas and polished final assets. They'll be able to interpret briefs on their own and also mentor and guide others. The role presents a rare chance to work in a dynamic environment full of exciting new challenges, collaborating with clients such as Warner Brothers, Microsoft, Sony and Lego.
The ability to adapt to a diverse range of styles is key. You’ll produce high quality work with a strong sense of design at every stage of the process. An aptitude for creating work in line with client briefs and direction is essential. Your primary focus will be to create visual effects and motion graphics with a secondary focus on providing guidance and support to the wider team.
We’re looking for someone with the enthusiasm and communication skills to make them a genuine asset to the animation team and the studio as a whole. We value confidence without arrogance and welcome everyone to play an active role in building an awesome culture within the studio.
We take the importance of work/life balance seriously, ensuring everyone has the opportunity to make Atomhawk a better place to work. You’ll be given the time to develop your skills through ongoing training, peer learning and attendance at industry events, as well as to get involved with the social side of Atomhawk.
Hierarchy and reporting lines
Reporting to the Principal Artist, supported by the Art Manager.
- Creating cinematics from concept art with techniques like parallax, displacement and puppet style animation
- Creating motion graphics pieces from vector artwork, text etc
- Creating animatics from rough artwork to convey structure, timing and editing
- Developing bespoke visual effects and animations
- Ability to provide clear and constructive written and verbal feedback to other members of the art team
- Proven experience of delivering high quality projects with minimal supervision from management staff
- Fluent with Adobe Creative suite, specifically After Effects and Premiere
- Ability to effectively composite 2D and 3D sources
- Experience with industry-leading After Effects plugins, i.e. Trapcode, Element 3D
- Experience with dedicated VFX programs like Maya, Houdini and Nuke
- A high capacity to learn new tools
- A strong grasp of editing and directorial techniques
- Strong background in animation and motion graphics
Skills Considered a Bonus
- Good knowledge of videogames and films
- Experience working withing a videogame, agency or film-production environment
Education and Experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to meet industry standard level of work
- Experience of dealing directly with clients, including Art Directors and Producers
- Professional training is desirable but not essential
In addition to having an excellent foundation of artistic ability, the role requires working as part of a team and so enthusiasm and good communication skills are needed. We are looking for a grounded and pragmatic team player. Confident without being arrogant, this person will want to play an active role in building an awesome culture within the studio.
Atomhawk offer a number of schemes to full time members of the UK team, including:
- 21 days paid holiday per year
- Pension and healthcare benefits
- 'No-crunch' policy, giving the team a great work-life balance
- A structured career progression system, including bi-annual appraisals and ongoing professional training and development