Atomhawk are looking for an Account Manager to join our Production team on a one-year fixed term basis, commencing mid April 2018.
The role presents a great opportunity to work with with global entertainment companies and renowned franchises in the fields of digital media, games, TV and film.
The role involves representing Atomhawk at various stages of a project's lifecycle; from researching and helping to attract new projects through to supporting the team to deliver creative work from concept to final delivery.
To give a rough indication of the split of duties, this role is 70% Project Delivery / 30% Project Development:
The Project Delivery element of this role involves project management of the art creation process; from initial scoping through to final delivery. Typical duties of this part of the role will include:
- Day to day management of visual development projects. Subject matter will include Concept Art, Marketing Art, Card Art, UI/UX, typically within the Videogame and Entertainment industry.
- Discussing deadlines/budgets for projects with clients
- Collating information and setting up project briefs
- Leading team briefings and client meetings
- Effectively communicating project milestones, deadlines and budgeted time to creative teams
- Management of client submissions and feedback
- Tracking billable hours against approved estimates
The Project Development element involves maintaining our internal client database, researching and contacting clients. Typical duties will include:
- Maintenance of our internal customer database and Linkedin network
- Market research on existing and potential clients
- High-level reporting on current industry trends
- Co-ordinating with the Marketing Manager to align client communications with marketing strategy
- Contacting potential and existing clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s skills, portfolio etc.
- Passionate about understanding client’s needs and delivering great creative work
- Keen to work within a team towards a common goal
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven research skills
- Understanding of the processes involved in estimation, quoting and invoicing
- Self-motivator, able to work under their own initiative
- Pro-active and pragmatic problem solver
- Detail orientated and highly organised
- Able to effectively multi-task under pressure, prioritising conflicting tasks
- Fast learner (will need to learn our processes and approach)
- Friendly and outgoing
- From a creative services or creative development background
- An interest in video games, films and entertainment technology
- Experienced using project management systems (e.g. Basecamp, Project etc)
- Experience with business development / CRM systems
Education and Experience
- Experience of working in an account/project management role in a creative/digital agency style environment or game development studio (2 years+ experience preferable)
- General understanding of game-specific art development process
As well as a competitive salary we do offer a range of more traditional perks including pension, childcare vouchers and cycle-to-work. We also place a large focus on creating benefits within our working environment.
In addition to regular recognition of all staff with incentives like our ‘Wall of Awesome’ and ‘Over the Top’ awards, we also place huge priority on learning & development of our team. We have a team of world-class artists and managers and have created a structured peer learning programme which includes group Learning Lunches and 1-2-1 internal training. This is in addition to external training and development which includes attendance at top industry events.
We’re a notoriously social bunch and partake in everything from gaming and LEGO challenges over lunch, grabbing a bite to eat from the street food stalls that visit our office, epic away days and parties, through to playing with cool toys and kit bought from our team kitty.
The role would require the successful candidate to work in our Gateshead studio. We're based in the North East of England on the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle Quayside is just a short walk from our office, with hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from. We're also close to the coast and countryside, perfect for when you want a change of pace from the buzz of the city. Transport connections are excellent, with Newcastle International Airport offering flights across the world. We're also on the East Coast main line, connecting us with London in under 3 hours, Edinburgh in less than 2 hours and York in less than 1 hour.